Lip Ink UK Guarantee
Providing clients with Lip Colours over the internet might seem to be rather farfetched - given that nearly all women have a collection of failed LipSTICK purchases at the back of a drawer somewhere - and they have almost always seen and tested those in store before buying them!
We at Lip Ink UK are determined that is not going to be the case with Lip Inks® despite the fact that we cannot see YOU but you have to talk to a friendly and well qualified Colour Adviser on 01854 333 833 or email us first if you are in any doubt whatsoever about finding that all important first colour. This is not a ploy in any way to make you spend more money than you planned -
we absolutely promise
our mission in life is purely to find
the right colour to suit YOUR complexion
the quality of Lip Ink® products speak for themselves!
Apart from our FREE personal and very friendly advice we have several other ways of helping you -
An early client introduced this splendid idea. If you have a favourite colour (and how often does your favourite colour get discontinued?!) Then mark an inch or so line on the middle of a tissue – not kitchen roll or toilet paper as they are often bleached – we need the space around in order to work with our 56 colours to find a match – which may be by layering more than one Lip Ink® colour. We make a charge of £5 for this which is refunded when you purchase a Sampler Kit.
A very popular service is our Testers (normal sized vials with spare applicators) whereby with the commitment to buy a Kit we will supply Testers of the colours you think are likely to be the best one’s for you – which prevents you making the expensive mistake that you first colour/s choice is in fact wrong! Obviously these can only be selected by direct contact by phone or email – as not all colours are always available at any given moment – they are coming and going all the while. On the face of it we charge £5 each for the loan of each Tester. £3.50 is refunded when the Tester is returned - within 15 days. So in effect the loan of each Tester costs £1.50, however if the loan leads to a purchase of that colour then we waive the loan charge. A very cost effective and reasonable way of finding the right colour!
On the website we do have a number of look-alike models together with the selection of our top 20 colours that you can try on the models – which soon gives you a good idea of what might suit you! www.lip-ink.co.uk/models.aspx
We have learned over the years that when we go down any/all of these routes we will be successful - so we can happily guarantee to find the right Lip Ink® lip colour for you! There is no risk to you whatsoever. All you have to agree is that you seriously wish to find the right colour and are prepared to put the same effort in as ourselves to finding that colour!
There is one proviso however - Lip Inks® can only be successful when using the correct application procedure!
1. Before applying LIP-INK® COLOUR, cleanse your lips with the OFF solution. Using a soft cloth or a cotton pad gently dab lips (never scrub). This will remove any remaining lip products or residue from your lips, as foreign matter will interfere with the performance of LIP-INK® Cosmetics.
2. Splash lips with water and pat dry.
3. If you line your lips, do so at this point. If you do not use liner, please continue
4. Apply a small amount of LIP-INK® SHINE moisturiser as a base conditioner and massage thoroughly into your lips by rubbing your lips together - Mmmmmm.
5. Vigorously shake the vial of LIP-INK® COLOUR you have chosen against the palm of your hand until the beads move quite freely. Carefully remove the applicator wand and wipe the excess back into the vial. (Ist time wipe apoplicator on a tissue to remove build-up) Remember to keep the vial in an upright position - the liquid ink can easily spill.
6. Apply colour to relaxed lips using the widest portion of the applicator. With a gentle even pressure move in one direction only. Do not blot. The slower the application the more colour is absorbed. Allow 10 seconds for LIP-INK® COLOUR to dry.
7. Repeat the colour application twice for a total of three layers, allowing ten seconds for each layer to dry. First time users should study the depth of colour before applying further layers which will darken the previous layers.
8. Finish with a final coat of SHINE moisturiser. A small amount will leave a slight sheen, if blotted a matte finish will be the result. A high gloss can be achieved by a liberal application. The SHINE can be applied throughout the day without disturbing your lip colour.
Often new clients are unwilling to commit to a Kit with the three seperate componants (Off, Shine/Moisturiser and Lip Ink Colour) for a successful application and just order a single colour. They cannot expect this to give them the proper experience of Lip Inks® - although it might give them some idea about the right colour. The alternative solution would be to buy a Trial Kit which we are discounting to a mere £10 at the moment - unfortunately there is a limited number of colours available in this format.These Trial Kits are not exchangeable at this low price.